Glow Research Inductively Coupled Plasma Source (ICP) with RF Matching Network
(Matching Network not pictured)
- · Custom designed to interface with various plasma systems
- · Over 60 ICP/RF matching sources have been shipped to date
- · Production proven RF matching network is the key to our success with this ICP source
Advantages and Benefits of ICP source with our Matching Network:
– Excellent strip rates and uniformity (photo resist strip) characteristics have been achieved
– Low generation of damaging species such as charged particles, UV radiation and less heat production by the plasma.
– More efficient in producing neutral reactive (atomic and molecular) oxygen species active in the strip process.
– Very low levels of wafer charge damage and contamination by both heavy metals and mobile ions.
– Produces a high pressure/low energy plasma
– More efficient in producing neutral oxygen atoms by dissociation of oxygen molecules
– High frequency (RF) electric current is passed through a helical coil which circles a dielectric-walled chamber to couple power into the electrons in the chamber.
– A multi-turn coil surrounds the cylindrical chamber, and the RF current in the coil creates a predominantly axial magnetic field within the chamber.
– The induction electric field sustains the plasma discharge as it drives electrons in a circumferential direction around the axis of the cylinder.
– Because the electric field has the same sinusoidal time dependence as the current in the coil, the electrons are driven alternately clockwise and counterclockwise at 13.56 MHz.
– Low heat and ion flux to the walls mean lower etch rates of the plasma chamber walls, thus permitting use of fluorinated chemistries
– Produces no wafer charge damage and very low contamination by heavy metals and mobile metals such as sodium.
– Superior efficiency in producing the neutral reactive oxygen species active in the strip process.
– Lower production rate of damaging species such as charged particles and UV radiation, thus permitting less heavily baffled gas flow.
– Lower rate of wall erosion by sputtering or etching compared to microwave plasma sources.
– The ICP source provides advanced strip capabilities with minimal impact on the plasma vessel lifetime
The Glow Research ICP and tuning network are offered as a complete module. Glow Research works with various plasma equipment companies and semiconductor companies to provide this ICP/tuning network for various systems and applications. Please contact Glow Research for more details and discussions.