Glow Research has taken over the support for the March Plasmod systems. If you need to ship your system in for maintenance or repairs, it’s important that the quartz chamber be removed first. This will prevent chipping or cracking.
The video will show you the procedure to correctly remove and then insert the quartz chamber.
Here is a summary of the removal procedure from the video for reference.
*Before starting—make sure the system and the Gas Control Module is turned off and unplugged
1. Remove the cover and be careful not to damage the two cover interlock switches.
2. Loosen the 4 nylon screws holding the chamber in its housing. You do not need to remove them just loosen.
3. Remove the clamp under the quartz/Pyrex chamber housing.
4. Depress and remove the quick connects from the gas and pressure lines.
5. Slide the quartz chamber out of the housing.
To insert the quartz chamber reverse the above procedures:
1. Slide the chamber into the housing while holding down on the vacuum pipe.
2. Replace the chamber clamp.
3. Reconnect the pressure and gas lines.
4. Tighten the 4 chamber nylon screws.
5. Replace the cover while again being careful not to damage the case interlock switches.
If you have questions about the removal of the plasma quartz chamber after watching the video, please contact us.