Glow Research has rebuilt this system to the highest standards. All chamber components have been professionally cleaned. System has been rebuilt and fully tested. Installation assistance is supported by Glow Research.
The MARCH CS-1701 Reactive Ion Etch (RIE) system delivers silicide etching and etching of III-V compounds, anisotropic etching of oxides, nitride and polyimide’s. Key performance features of the CS 1701 system include the large DC bias and the ability to control process pressure independent of gas flow. The system allows users a wide variety of etch profiles ranging from anisotropic requiring high aspect ratios to sloped walls.
Video of this March CS-1701:
- Holds a 4″ or 6″ wafer (we have a 8″ system also)
- 0-600 watts of power (AE RF generator RFX-600)
- Automatic tuning
- System has two Mass Flow (100 sccm and 250 sccm)
- Two more MFC’s can be added (for a total of four)
- N2 purge
- The chamber is a two piece clam-shell type and the material to be etched is placed on a powered electrode mounted in the center of the base of the chamber. The chamber has been professionally cleaned.
- The size ratio of the small powered electrode to the larger ground electrode produces a negative DC bias which enhances ion bombardment and anisotropy.
- A ceramic ring focuses the plasma on the bottom electrode, thus optimizing power utilization. This ceramic ring has been professionally cleaned.
- The bottom electrode is water cooled to maintain the sample at a low temperature during processing.
- The chamber is equipped with a new circular quartz viewing window for observation of the plasma process.
- An additional view port is located on top of the chamber for observation or mounting of a mass spectrometer
- The primary chamber material is anodized aluminum; other components are manufactured from ceramic and quartz.
- A 25 cfm to 50 cfm vacuum pump with Fomblin type oil is recommended. This optional pump can be quoted upon request.
- A 2 gpm @ 6 psi chiller cooling at 50-60 degrees C is recommended. This optional chiller can be quoted upon request.
- Shipping can be arranged world-wide
- Glow Research will supply a sturdy custom crate ready for international shipment
- Glow Research will supply a user manual, instructional video on proper operation and phone support for proper hook-up and operation
- Process support is available at contract rates by qualified process engineers
- System has been electronically tested, vacuum tested (leak back test, helium leak detector) and has passed a rigid final testing.
- System is ready to process.