MARCH CS-1701 Reactive Ion Etch (RIE) system delivers silicide etching and etching of III-V compounds, anisotropic etching of oxides, nitride and polyimide’s. Key performance features of the CS 1701 system include the large DC bias and the ability to control process pressure independent of gas flow. The system allows users a wide variety of etch profiles ranging from anisotropic requiring high aspect ratios to sloped walls.
• Large chamber for 200mm (8”) or smaller wafers or substrates (comes with ceramic isolation ring that allows for 150mm 6” or smaller wafers). A larger 8” ceramic ring is available as an option.
• 0-600 watts of power (AE RF generator RFX-600)
• Automatic tuning
• Has two MFC’s–gas 1: Porter N2 50 SCCM, Gas 2 Porter N2 100 SCCM
• Two more MFC’s can be added (for a total of four)
• Has N2 purge
• The chamber is a two piece clam-shell type and the material to be etched is placed on the bottom powered electrode mounted in the center of the base of the chamber.
• The size ratio of the small powered electrode to the larger ground electrode produces a negative DC bias which enhances ion bombardment and anisotropy.
• The focus ring confines the plasma on the bottom electrode, thus optimizing power utilization.
• The bottom electrode is water cooled to maintain the sample at a low temperature during processing.
• The chamber is equipped with a new circular quartz viewing window for observation of the plasma process, or mounting of a mass spectrometer
• The view port window quartz has been treated with a Glow Research proprietary film to block out UV (for safety)
• The primary chamber material is anodized aluminum; other components are manufactured from ceramic and quartz.
• A 25 cfm to 50 cfm vacuum pump with Fomblin type oil is recommended. This optional pump can be quoted upon request.
• A 2 gpm @ 6 psi chiller cooling at 50-60 degrees C is recommended. This optional chiller can be quoted upon request.
• Shipping can be arranged world-wide
• Glow Research will supply a sturdy custom crate ready for international shipment
• Glow Research will supply a user manual, instructional video on proper operation and phone support for proper hook-up and operation
• Process support is available at contract rates by qualified process engineers
• System has been electronically tested, vacuum tested (leak back test, helium leak detector) and has passed a rigid final testing.
• System is ready to process.
Glow Research can ship world-wide. We will provide a sturdy crate and take great care in packing. If a pump, chiller is purchased with the system…the entire system will pass a final testing will all components. Glow Research has taken over the support for several older March Plasma systems.
click HERE to see instruction video on a March CS-1701 (7th from the top)
click HERE to link to the Nordson MARCH web site for this March CS-1701 system