The GLOW plasma system is designed for high reliability and affordable pricing (under $6,000 dollars). It Operates at 100 kHz, —– no tuning is required! The GLOW is suitable for lab, university or production applications. It can perform a host of applications such as plasma cleaning, removing photoresist, prebond cleaning/conditioning, PDMS bonding and organic removal.
Glow Research makes the entire system—so we are able to provide a very reliable plasma system and pass on our cost savings.
The chamber is constructed of high grade aluminum, and is anodized for durability. There are two sample shelves—one for plasma processing, and the other RF powered shelf is for ion assisted or more aggressive processing. The chamber door has a dynamic hinge to prevent pinching of the O-ring and to increase vacuum integrity.
The front display will report the chamber pressure so that a process can be easily established. A reliable Pirani gauge is used.
The GLOW plasma system is equipped with a 100 kHz, 50 Watt generator. No tuning is required.
Standard features include a switch that terminates RF power and gas flow. Safety interlocks prevent activation of the RF power and gas flow when the chamber door is open or if covers are removed. The GLOW has passed rigorous testing and is CE marked.
Glow Research offers both a hydrocarbon vacuum pump or a pump with Fomblin type oil for use with oxygen gas. Dry Scroll pumps are available.
The Glow plasma system is easy to install—just plug in to a standard electrical outlet, connect the process gas, connect the vacuum pump and the system is ready to process. Glow Research plasma systems conform to all international electrical standards. We ship world-wide.
- The Glow plasma system can operate with Oxygen, Argon and other gases
- It has a Plasma shelf–and Powered shelf for process flexibility
- The operator can set the process time for automatic operation
- Diagnostics LED’s show the status of the tool, and confirm that all modules are working
- The Glow plasma system operates at 50 Watts for Plenty of Power. There is no arcing or sparking.
- The proprietary RF network does not require tuning of forward or reflected power
- A Pirani pressure gauge is used—so the operator can monitor chamber pressure relative to gas flow
- Unique electrode design—provides maximum power distribution and a uniform plasma regardless of where you place the sample in the chamber
- Chamber door has dynamic hinge that prevents pinching of the O-ring seal
- 12 month parts and labor warranty and full support from Glow Research
Please let us know if you would like more information.