The GLOW plasma system is designed for high reliability and affordable pricing (under $6,000 dollars). It Operates at 100 kHz, —– no tuning is required! The GLOW is a desktop / bench top sized system suitable for lab, university or production applications. It can perform a host of surface treatment applications such as plasma cleaning, removing photoresist, prebond cleaning / conditioning, PDMS bonding and organic removal. Click HERE to view data on improving surface wettability on polypropylene using the GLOW plasma system. This paper was presented at the ACS fall of 2019.
Glow Research makes the entire system—so we are able to provide a very reliable plasma system and pass on our cost savings to you.
The chamber is constructed of high grade aluminum, and is anodized for durability. There are three sample shelves—one for low intensity plasma processing, the second for plasma processing, and the third for ion assisted or more aggressive processing. The GLOW plasma system provides the most process flexibility of any comparable plasma system in the $6,000 price range
- Place your sample on the top connected grounded shelf for a low intensity plasma.
- Place your sample on the middle powered shelf for the most plasma intensity or aggressive plasma/RIE type processing.
- Place your sample on the bottom disconnected ground shelf for a lowest plasma intensity.
- The GLOW plasma lets the user find the best process to fit their specific need.
- The chamber is anodized for use with various gases including O2, He, Ar, N, and even CF4 and SF6.
The front 7-segment display will report the chamber pressure so that a process can be easily established. A reliable Pirani gauge is used in the pressure read back system.
The GLOW plasma system is equipped with a 100 kHz, 50 Watt generator that requires no tuning and provides plenty of power.
Standard features include an “abort” button that terminates the running process which turns off RF power, halts process gas flow, and resets the process timer.
Safety interlocks prevent activation of the RF power and gas flow when the chamber door is open or if covers are removed. The GLOW has passed rigorous testing and is CE marked.
Glow Research offers a pump for use with either a hydrocarbon vacuum pump or a pump with Fomblin type oil for use with oxygen gas. Dry Scroll pumps are also available.
The Glow plasma system is easy to install—just plug in to a standard electrical outlet, connect the process gas, connect the vacuum pump and the system is ready to process. Glow Research plasma systems conform to all international electrical standards. We ship world-wide.
- The Glow plasma system can operate with Oxygen, Argon and other gases (CF4, SF6)
- It has a Plasma shelf–and Powered shelf and a disconnected ground shelf for process flexibility
- The operator can set the process time for automatic operation
- Diagnostics LED’s show the status of the tool, and confirm that all modules are working
- The Glow plasma system operates at 50 Watts for Plenty of Power. There is no arcing or sparking.
- The proprietary RF network does not require manual tuning of forward or reflected power
- A Pirani pressure gauge is used—so the operator can monitor chamber pressure relative to gas flow
- Our unique electrode design—provides maximum power distribution and a uniform plasma regardless of where you place the sample in the chamber
- Chamber door has dynamic hinge that prevents pinching of the O-ring seal
- 12 month parts and labor warranty and full support from Glow Research
If you would like to see a partial list of Customers click HERE.
Please let us know if you would like more information.