Plasma surface modification video. click here
The Glow Research plasma system was used with both nitrogen gas and then oxygen gas. Results are shown using the water bead test to determine and show the before–and after effects of using plasma to change the silicon surface from hydrophobic to hydrophilic.
- silicon wafers were used (3″)
- water drop test were performed before and after plasma treatment
- results are shown using oxygen as a process gas
- results are shown using nitrogen as a process gas
- sample wafer was placed on the powered shelf (middle electrode shelf)
- power was set a 100 watts
- pressure range for this Glow Research system is .5 to 1.2 Torr
- time was set for 30 seconds and the system automatically turns off the RF power after set time.
For more information on the GLOW plasma system click HERE.
For more information on the AutoGlow systems click HERE.
For more information on the large capacity AutoGlow 1000 system click HERE.
Plasma Surface Modification Video
Here is an excellent video from Durham University–by Nathan Cheetham. Covering: Contact Angle, Youngs Equation (interfacial free energy), Non-Ideal Surfaces, Contact Angle Hysteresis, “Super” Surfaces. Showing examples with glass and PTFE. Click here for the video